016 – New York Fashion Week begins – The American Fashion Podcast

Play

Taking the Highline. It’s New York Fashion Week, day #2, and the gang pauses for a few minutes on the Highline between shows and presentations to report in on the Spring-Summer 2015 collections they’ve seen so far.

photos by Charles Beckwith

TIA CIBANI

TADASHI SHOJI

DEGEN

references:

6 Comments

1. HKLLAMA September 14, 2014 at 4:34 pm

I really appreciate that you guys not only talked about different designers and their shows during New York Fashion Week, but also that you included photos from it! The podcast plus the photos really brings everything you were describing together in my mind. My favorite is definitely Tia Cibani’s collection–as described earthy colors and over-sized, but in a carefully crafted way. Can’t wait to hear about the rest of the week!

1. Lisa-maria Radano September 18, 2014 at 11:06 am

Charles Beckwith, our fearless leader, is also an ACE behind the camera! It’s annoying how many things he’s good at…. As for Tia, she’s a friend of ours and we feel very supportive and even protective of her. She’s one of the goodies. Thanks for listening!

2. Katy Smith September 15, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Love following you guys. I have a question: if you had to choose your top 3 designers from this year’s New York Fashion Week, who are they?

1. Lisa-maria Radano September 18, 2014 at 11:03 am

Well, I am very partial to Ralph Rucci, as you’ll see in our next podcast where I wax on about him starry eyed… Thanks for listening!

3. Jenny September 15, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Great commentary — I totally agree that some of the styles are a bit out of touch with reality. Loved the Antonio show description:P I love the more colorful outfits in the pictures. I was kind of surprised at some of the expressions of the models in the photos at the bottom — I’m not used to seeing smiles and laughter. Did the show feel that lighthearted?

1. Lisa-maria Radano September 18, 2014 at 11:04 am

Usually the models remain placid-faced in order to highlight the clothes. Occasionally certain designers will ask them to act or smile, but it’s rare. As for practicality in clothing, for our feet alone we women are grateful haha! Thanks for listening Jenny!