017 – designers Karolyn Pho and Katya Leonovich – New York Fashion Week – The American Fashion Podcast

Play

So many shiny things! — Huddled just out of the rain, looking out at the Hudson from Chelsea Piers between shows, Seth, Charles, and Lisa do a rundown of all the New York Fashion Week shows they’ve seen since the last episode. There are many. Between talk of the new collections, lots of information about how it all fits together in a business and marketing perspective. Backstage interviews with Karolyn Pho and Katya Leonovich.

photos by Charles Beckwith

BADGLEY MISCHKA

more photos below

references:

6 Comments

1. Sally Henning September 15, 2014 at 11:41 am

I am so ecstatic that you all are covering NYFW! When I lived in the city it was one of the things I looked forward to each year. Thank you for the podcast and photos! Makes me feel like I’m not totally missing out.

1. Lisa-maria Radano September 18, 2014 at 10:59 am

Sally we’ve got you! Thanks for being a listener and next season we will have even more cool shows!

2. Amanda Sanders September 15, 2014 at 11:57 am

To be honest, I don’t know much about fashion, but it’s something I’ve been delving into recently. I really liked the interview with Karolyn Pho. I checked out the link to her site after listening to her talk with you guys. I find her designs to be very compelling but in a very simple and natural way.

1. Lisa-maria Radano September 18, 2014 at 11:01 am

Fashion belongs to everybody who wears clothes! So you’re on board Amanda and thanks for being a listener!

3. Jenny September 15, 2014 at 4:58 pm

I agree with Amanda — Karolyn sounds so down to earth and thoughtful. I loved the discussion on different types of fabrics, as there are so many details that I’ve never thought of. Would you say that the long term trend is towards clothing that is more wearable, or do the pieces just happen to be “wearable” this year?

1. Lisa-maria Radano September 18, 2014 at 11:02 am

Karolyn is a lovely girl at the start of a new career, starting as a Stylist and now a Designer. We wish her the best! And thanks Jenny for listening!