Taking Liberty. Manufacture New York moves its headquarters into the (cavernous and echoing) facility where it will eventually build a massive 160,000 square foot manufacturing innovation center. The gang discusses why collaborative factories make sense for small and medium-sized fashion brands, the dangers of taking venture capital and relying on apps and services from startup companies that could close or change in an afternoon, and a Made In USA web site where t-shirt graphics are crowd-sourced from one of the strangest communities on the Internet.
- The Fashion Law: Forever 21 Sues Other Brands for Copying
- OS Fashion: A Revolution Paused
- Fast Company: Inside The Fashion Incubator That’s Hacking Global Manufacturing
- Aral Balkan: Ello isn’t as indie as you might think it is.
- Archive.org: The Wayback Machine
- 4chan makes t-shirts: thatshirtwascash.com