Seriously, the TPP is the worst kind of international trade deal you could imagine for our domestic manufacturers!
Trade policy expert and rock musician, Steven Capozzola, from the US Business and Industry Council talks in detail about the crazy backroom deals #$@& going on around this Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal. Hint: it’s really really bad news for Made In USA
Julie Zerbo, editor of The Fashion Law, finally joins in the studio after being mentioned in prior episodes approximately 9.72 billion times.
Footwear designers Jordan Adoni and Omar Bailey from New York Garment District anchor factory and streetwear line Modern Vice talk about their triumphs with making it here, helping emerging designers figure out how to make great shoes, and the struggle to get major footwear brands to bring 3% of production back to the United States.
Be sure to join the American Fashion Podcast LinkedIn group to network and talk with guests and hosts about the show.
- Chanel May Have Just Won a Battle for the Chanel Instagram Account (The Fashion Law)
- “I’m an advertising executive and I’ll be honest: my job is to pollute the universe.” (speech transcript)
- What’s Wong With The Fashion Industry – Part 1 (Vestoj)
- modaCYCLE.de relaunched
- Find Your Representative (house.gov)
- Burberry Aligns Runway and Retail Calendar in Game-Changing Shift
- Vetements Has a Unilateral Plan to Shake Up the Shows
- Tom Ford Cancels His NYFW Presentation