On March 31st, we conducted our first live stream event, American Fashion Town Hall: COVID-19, a special program detailing the impact of the coronavirus situation on the fashion industry.
The live stream featured a video mashup of interviews with experts for one hour and then flowed into a roundtable discussion with live Q&A. You can find the recording on YouTube (the video embedded below). It was also streamed live on our Facebook page.
Please join us in being a part of keeping #FashionTogether with hope, strategy, and mindfulness in this time of such great stress and confusion.
If you have feedback or are interested in organizing additional programs, please email us, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Production Support For Disrupted Supply Chains: https://www.ca.la/free-access
- Support Each Other: https://causes.ca.la/ (a new platform for artists and creatives to create merch with no upfront cost – launches tomorrow, 1/4/20)
- Sourcing Journal memberships 50% off during crisis – https://sourcingjournal.com/ (promo code: fashiontogether )
- How Will You Embrace The Great Coronavirus Retail Reset? article by Bob Phibbs, The Retail Doctor
- Worldwide Supply Chain Federation supplier onboarding form for PPE consideration in Joor marketplace: https://airtable.com/shrIybNU5pCu8oUzo
- Link for hospitals and governments to order PPE production at scale through Joor’s network of factories: https://airtable.com/shrVWMfHTa56ibsBo
- American Fashion Podcast archive subscriptions at 50% off for #FashionTogether: https://americanfashion.supportingcast.fm/join
- CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund’s “A Common Thread” project for needs-based funding: https://cfda.com/programs/designers/cfdavogue-fashion-fund
- Indie Source’s 1:1 Made In LA masks project: https://indiesource.com/independence-mask/
- RequestMasks.com (Factory 45 and Good Clothing Company): https://requestmasks.com/
- Simon Collins, Founder and CEO, WeDesign
- Tricia Carey, Director of Global Business Development – Apparel, Lenzing Fibers
- Karen Giberson, President and CEO, The Accessories Council
- Kristin Savilia, CEO, Joor
- Kathryn Hilderbrand, Founder, Good Clothing Company
- Zack Hurley, Co-Founder, Indie Source
- Bob Phibbs, The Retail Doctor
- Shannon Lohr, Founder, Factory45
- Edward Hertzman, Founder and President, Sourcing Journal
- Andrew Wyatt, CEO, Cala
- Brian Laney, VP of Sales, Alert Tech
- Catherine Schepis, Strategic Merchant, Lean Canvas Advisory
Charles Beckwith is the host of American Fashion Podcast, a weekly deep dive interview series about how the fashion industry works. He is a Co-Founder at MouthMedia Network and Chairman and CEO at Greyland Fireworks Corporation.