The American Fashion Podcast Media Kit includes:
- audience demographics
- download statistics
- partnership profiles
- social media links
- host bios and headshots
- podcast logo graphics
Sponsored Content Features (mini-interview, introduce ourself to the fashion world), Trade Show and Conference Activations (great for business development), Product or Service Giveaway (get industry insiders to try your product or service), and Topical Mini-Series (sponsor a series of episodes focused around a topic related to your product or service).
The series was designed to function as a community radio station for the fashion industry and has found an audience in precisely this direction.
The show is made for industry insiders, so our goal has never been to be the biggest consumer fashion podcast in the world. We primarily want to make sure that people in the fashion business are able to make good decisions based on good information from reliable experts which can lead to a positive change toward ethical and sustainable practices across the industry.
In total, since 2014, the show has been downloaded well over 3.5 million times.
In 2018, we ran an audience survey that provided the following demographic feedback.
The majority of our listeners work in the fashion industry. The show gets average downloads of 60,000-80,000 per month during a regular season. AFP frequently ranks in the top 20 fashion podcasts worldwide, beating out hundreds of consumer-facing shows from much larger brands.
- 96% of AFP listeners responding to audience surveys work in the fashion industry
- 38% of AFP listeners are fashion startup founders
- 18% of AFP listeners are lead designers or creative directors
- 18% of AFP listeners work in technical design and product development
- 18% of AFP listeners work for major fashion companies
- 11% of AFP listeners work in marketing or public relations
- 11% of AFP listeners work with accessories
- 5% of AFP listeners are buyers for a major retailer
- 4% of AFP listeners work in e-commerce operations
Who Listens To American Fashion Podcast:
In addition to the formal survey, we are frequently out and about in the industry, and between being recognized at trade shows by our voices and social media and email correspondence, we have learned the following:
Our listeners include the editors of the biggest magazines, the leaders of the biggest brands, buyers at the biggest department stores and the most influential boutiques, the directors of the most powerful organizations, and, of course, the people who actually make things.
Our objective with the series since the beginning has been to help people in the fashion business understand our industry and how it works in a more holistic way, allowing people in various niches to see both the other niches and the larger picture. We enable people across the industry to be proactive about progressive change.
Partnerships and Sponsorships:
There are a number of standard partnership options available, or we can create a custom solution.
- Sponsored Content Feature– This is a mini-interview inside a longer AFP episode, where you are asked about your product or service, with your brand identified as the sponsor for that episode, with a flat fee. The product or service must be highly sustainable and ethical, and highly relevant to our listeners.
- Trade Show and Conference Activations– We travel with you to a conference or trade show and a member of your executive team joins us on microphone as a guest co-host during the event. Your brand is identified as the main sponsor for episodes recorded during the event. The fee for this is typically based on travel costs and time required.
- Product or Service Giveaway– We offer our listeners the opportunity to win your product or service, which is described during the show, and offered in exchange for listeners taking some action (typically filling out a survey). Fees vary based on how many episodes the promotion will be mentioned in, what is being given away, and usually a performance bonus.
- Topical Mini-Series– We produce a series of episodes focused around a topic related to your product or service, and your brand is identified as the sponsor.
American Fashion Podcast partnerships and sponsorships are not available to fast fashion brands or retailers, or any brands with a recent history of labor or environmental violations.
Our Expert Hosts:
Charles Beckwith is an expert on the intersection between fashion, media, and technology. He created the American Fashion Podcast as a way of promoting local sustainable fashion through the Fashion Media Center, which subsequently was acquired by Open Source Business Inc. to form MouthMedia Network, where he is now Founder and the Chief Innovation Officer. Prior to podcasting, he was the editor and publisher of the avant-garde online fashion magazine modaCYCLE and has worked in film and television. He served as Director of Communications and a strategic advisor for the non-profit Save The Garment Center for two years. In 2020 he founded the tech and media accelerator Greyland Fireworks Corporation. Charles has written extensively on Fashion Technology for publications like Business of Fashion and Payments and Cards Magazine.
Cathy Schepis advises on luxury brand strategies through her firm, Lean Canvas Advisory. She was most recently President of the vertically integrated direct selling company Doncaster. Prior to that, she was a Vice President of Design and Merchandising at Kate Spade & Company, Director of Design and Merchandising at Anne Klein Collection, and managed research and product for Federated Department Stores. Cathy joined the show as co-host in 2016.
American Fashion Podcast Media Kit — Social Media:
American Fashion Podcast Media Kit — Press:
American Fashion Podcast is featured in numerous “best fashion podcasts” lists, as well as a number of articles about the growth of the podcasting medium itself.
See our Press Page for links to that material.
American Fashion Podcast Media Kit — Logos and Images:
(click for larger versions)
American Fashion Podcast Media Kit — Thank You
Thank you for viewing our American Fashion Podcast Media Kit.
Please reach out if you want to work with us (and aren’t actively killing your employees or destroying the planet).